MotorsportsSlammed Society

Celica 2.8i

I’m currently helping a good friend build an ultra-clean 1984 Celica Supra. I’ve been on the hunt for suspension setups and all sorts of stuff so naturally in my search I came across a couple of cool rides. These cars are pretty rare to see in any condition but trash. When I saw this 2.8i sitting pretty on wide Watanabes I was moved! I wish I had more photos, but this is the only one I found of this car. Still very much worth sharing!

outside_sherman

Sherman Oaks, Japan

Picture 1

Para Normal

Fatlace Crew

Fatlace Crew

Articles by Fatlace Staff and Editors.

At first glance, Fatlace is your typical shop with dope beats, comfy sneaks and kids from car meets but stay a while and discover the details that set this place apart from your usual street boutique. Chill with the crew, grab some free candy and enjoy the exquisiteness that is The Paddock. You can also check out our online emporium where we carry all of our latest product.

1. 23/10/2010 at 2:59 am

nice love it…..best a luck with the build….

2. A.J.
    23/10/2010 at 4:09 am

sick!

3. Archie
    23/10/2010 at 5:05 am

There’s a second shot of it here:

It was at The 2010 Queensland Japanese Nationals Australia

4. 23/10/2010 at 6:06 am

Aggresive and so sick

5. 23/10/2010 at 6:11 am

looks like his tow hook is scraping a bit, one of my favorite celica supras

• Jhooks
      23/10/2010 at 12:30 pm

Thanks man! I’ll show that to my friend. He was really excited to see this car. It’s real inspiration for his project.

6. Retrospec
    23/10/2010 at 8:25 am

Very nice build so far. I love the whole celica line. These cars definitely deserve more respect and recognition then its been getting.

• Jhooks
      23/10/2010 at 12:29 pm

I said I was helping a friend build one, and this was a celica I found on the net while digging for parts and such.

7. B_rock
    23/10/2010 at 4:07 pm

Lol dude driving is on the phone!!

8. RR
    23/10/2010 at 5:20 pm

the guy who owns this is going to have a HUGE cry he doesnt like it being published hahahaha

that being said, hi-res shots here
    here
    and here

suck it up marvis you baby

9. 23/10/2010 at 5:22 pm

Such a gangster Celica Supra. Also an Aussie car, I will see what more I can track down for you bro, maybe even throw a feature up of it. Owner isn’t the friendliest of dudes though. I think I got some shots lying around.
    It is actually the dudes Girlfriends car as well, believe it or not haha

10. Monk
    23/10/2010 at 5:55 pm

owner is a complete bitch about his car being online and will probably be here shortly to have a cry.
    just went through this on speedhutners.

• Jhooks
      24/10/2010 at 3:04 am

well his pics shouldn’t be posted Public on the interwebs… pretty simple way of keeping your super cool car to your super cool self

• Monk
        24/10/2010 at 3:22 am

pretty much, you’d think he wouldn’t take it out to car shows and meets if he was serious

11. ecks
    23/10/2010 at 7:26 pm

Gangster indeed, but the builder is going to shit bricks when he sees this. At least his plates have been blanked haha

12. 24/10/2010 at 3:15 am

That’s like a hot blonde walking out in the public naked, and not expecting anyone to take pics of her and post them online.

• Jhooks
      24/10/2010 at 7:00 am

hahaha so true Elvis

13. marvis
    24/10/2010 at 9:07 am

Not too happy about it, Not a fan of FADLACE etc… LOL at hellaflush tag, it’s funny and ironic as we both hate hellaflush, fadlace, whatever names it comes under.

It’s on some sites, but just ones I like. Stop being a wank about it downshift guy.

I built this for and with my girlfriend.

Good setups for this are coilover converted RA65 (or just MA61) strut, cut 40-60mm, MR2 SW20 rear shock insearts, RCA’s, lock spacer, maybe longer LCA or camber tops depending on wheels. TRD blues etc rears (AE86) and AE86 springs. Stock diff are shithouse.

Toymods.net is a good place for information.

By the way, it’s a hangring.. not a tow hook..

marvis.

• marvis the dragqueen
      24/10/2010 at 11:09 am

Open you’re eyes buddy. You’re part of the “FAD” which is really ironic. lol.. If you hate it, get out of the scene cause you’re a major douche. Get a 4×4 if you dont wanna get on sites.

• 24/10/2010 at 11:13 am

Wow, a hater on our site that’s been featured. I guess there’s a first for everything.

3 million people that view the site monthly and theyll see this and see your hate towards our site. It’s ashame cause we’ve been around since 1999 and we’ve been up on our game since then.

Thanks and if there are any other Celica’s that want to get featured, hit us up.

• Jhooks
      24/10/2010 at 11:18 am

Hate to break it to you buddy, but your car is Low and the wheels are Flush with the fenders making it “Hellaflush” …you have a hangring on your car… how much more Fad can you get?

• marvis
        24/10/2010 at 11:36 am

Yeah man, shakotan car is heaps usdm hella flush style..

14. 24/10/2010 at 12:35 pm

Don’t worry about him Josh, he is just a sad sack. Doesn’t appreciate that everyone else appreciates his car. Most people would be stoked to land on Fatlace unexpectedly, but obviously some are fools.
    Also Marvis, calling it Fadlace really shows how stupid and naive you are.

15. marvis
    24/10/2010 at 1:18 pm

Don’t like fatlace, so why would we be stoked when it’s on here? I don’t build cars for people to give their opinions on or so people like it.. i build what i want and don’t give a fuck what everyone thinks or want to share it.

It’s only some sites i have issues with.. Don’t know why you guys should care wether I want it on some sites or not.. Stop making a big deal about our choices, you downshift guys need to be more professional.

• Marvislikesnads
      24/10/2010 at 3:43 pm

Don’t you think it’s abit disrespectful that you’re not even thankful for a feature? I mean, even If you aren’t a fan of the site/brand/tuning style, you should atleast be kind to the the dudes here that featured what is a good looking car. Shame your attitude lets it down.

16. ecks
    24/10/2010 at 2:41 pm

Congrats marv, you’re now internationally recognised as being a douche.

• SCM
      24/10/2010 at 6:28 pm

Funny, because he’s actually the man and you and your drag queen buddy are the reason I don’t read the likes of fatlace, speedhunters and HEALLAflush. I actually thought you were taking the piss with those tags. You forgot to mention how stanced out it is.

• ecks
        25/10/2010 at 5:39 am

Don’t get me wrong I love the cars that marv builds, but his attitude online is totally wrong.

17. Aidan
    25/10/2010 at 4:20 am

These things can go super low offset…stock i believe offset is 0 if not close to it ;)

They can easily swap 7M-GTE

18. marvis
    25/10/2010 at 4:41 am

7MGTE is fail though. 1gge or 2jze FTW.

Stock wheels are 14 x 7 +8. This has 15 x 8.5 – 14, 195-55 and 15 x 9.5 – 16, 205-55 with – 2 camber front and -6.5 rear.

And no Marvislikesnads, I don’t, or do I care. I want it off here.

19. Monk
    25/10/2010 at 6:08 am

marvis why do you bother taking the car out to car shows and meets if you don’t like pics of it getting around?
    one day it’s going to end up on boostcruising lol

20. Roy1928
    25/10/2010 at 8:15 am

Hey Marvin or Josh, I’m trying to find a coilover setup for my ra65 85 celica gts. I can’t find much on the celica forums and this thing needs to be slammed and fitted asap. My pops is the original owner and it’s in great condition so I’m taking full advantage of that

• 25/10/2010 at 8:41 am

You pretty much have to go with a sleeve setup in front and aftermarket springs from another model 80’s toyota in the rear. Aftermarket Celica shocks are too long to go low on. Alot of people are using MR2 koni/agx in front with GC sleeve coilovers, and for the rear just about any standard shock off a camaro, focus, etc will work. You just need to measure the stroke length to figure out which is best. The rear spring can be custom ordered or you can use a spring off of an AE86. If it was me I’d probably do koni’s from a MR2 and Focus, GC sleeves in front, and order a custom spring for the rear in the diameter and height I wanted.

21. marvis
    25/10/2010 at 8:24 am

It already was, but people on there are too stupid. I am all for it being on sites, just not some.

Car meets are good for meeting people and talking about cars etc.. People these days seem to be all about photos and non-seance. More on this has already been answered above. I was at this show (picture above) to show support for a car club we are in.

Anyways once again, for more information on making your Supra handle good and look awesome etc, go on toymods.net. Lots of information etc, cool site.

marvis.

22. Alexx
    25/10/2010 at 10:00 am

Why cant we all just get along?

I really like your car marvis, it looks stunning. And i can understand why you don’t want it on the net. Having said that, there are polite and impolite ways of going about getting the photos removed. You give the impression of the latter, hence why people arc up.

A simple ‘please’ goes a long way :)

23. 25/10/2010 at 11:01 am

This thing is the shizz. I also have more photos of it, check out http://unitednissanclub.blogspot.com/ for more, under the 2010 Jap Nationals. ;)

Steve. UNC.

• 25/10/2010 at 11:08 am

wow or maybe I should’ve read the replies to this thread before I posted. I for one would be absolutely stoked to have my car featured on a site like this. But each to their own.

The car on it’s own however, I think is extremely sex.

• 25/10/2010 at 11:13 am

also my bad, the pics are in here http://hardtuned.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=462466 ;but check out our UNC blog anyway ;)

24. Monk
    25/10/2010 at 11:35 am

meh, as long as his plates aren’t shown it shouldn’t be an issue i’d have thought.

25. gnzRR
    25/10/2010 at 12:48 pm

Sucks that when I find a a nice Celica it belongs to such a douche… Anyway I have a jdm ra63, 18r-g engine, sittin’ on Works 16×7 fron, 16×8 back, looks nice :)

• marvis
      26/10/2010 at 5:48 am

Yeah man, I am a douce because I don’t want the car on fadlace because I really really don’t like the site.

• gnzRR
        26/10/2010 at 11:56 pm

Nope dude, I totally agree with you on that… Just be more polite… Cheers and sick ride.

26. marvis
    26/10/2010 at 5:43 am

Those got around quick..

27. LOL
    27/10/2010 at 4:04 pm

LOL A+ Marvis, just like everywhere else on the internet. Fuck so good. Just so you guys know not all Australians are like him.

• Jhooks
      28/10/2010 at 9:58 am

Thanks for clearing that up… I was losing hope!

28. Brenno
    27/10/2010 at 9:05 pm

fonzy still pwns this fool haha

29. Jordan
    28/10/2010 at 3:26 am

This dudes an idiot. Everyone’s comments above his are ALL positive. Then he comes and complains that ONE picture of his gf’s car is on the site. You act like Fatlace is your gf’s ex-boyfriend, hating for no reason. Dope ass Celica, dumb ass Aussie.

30. dj sinistrum
    30/10/2010 at 3:12 am

you aussies are fucking lucky to have straight jdm rides! it’s funny to see what dad’s car could have looked like if he never sold it lol

31. dj sinistrum
    30/10/2010 at 3:13 am

wish he just gave it to me lol