Native has introduced the Plant Shoe, the first sneaker made completely of plant-based components, which are 100% biodegradable and completely animal-free. The shoes are made from natural materials such as pineapple husk, corn, and eucalyptus with olive-oil-soaked jute thread. Native has taken a step towards helping cleaning up our environment with nearly 300 million pairs of shoes ending up in landfills each year – sneakers are typically made up of plastic or chemically-treated material which makes them impossible to break down, the Plant Shoe allows consumers to compost their sneakers, ensuring zero waste is left behind. These shoes were designed for style and sustainability in mind.
Specific Components of the Plant Shoe:
• Natural lactae hevea outsole
• Eucalyptus lasting board
• 90% cork, 10% sisal backing midsole
• Organic linen sockliner with kenaf and corn felt insole
• Olive oil soaked jute thread and natural latex-based glue to bind
• Carded pineapple husk and organic cotton upper
• 100% organic cotton laces
The Plant Shoe is a unisex style and available in the color Natural on www.nativeshoes.com for $200 as well as select Native Shoes locations.