I have been trying to finish my personal car this entire year. It’s really tough during the FD season to get myself to work on cars since I’m focused on having fun and I get to drive the whole year regardless of what state my 240 is in. Besides Formula D I really didn’t get to drift much this year because I didn’t have a car to take to local events. I was really wishing it was finished. The season is over and it was finally a priority of mine to get done.

My buddy Ryan and I worked on the car here and there throughout the year but hadn’t really put a dent in the amount of work that needed to be done. When the season ended I got back east and brought my 240 down to MA-Motorsports in Baltimore, MD to have Brian Wilkerson and Ray shake help finish her up.

MA- Motorsports

So this was the state of the car when it showed up at MA. Lots of work to be done. I was in the middle of putting a built 1JZ engine in the 240 with a big Precision turbo. This thing is going to make some serious power.

Things got pretty bad as soon as we started working on it. Ray was checking things over and putting a game plan together. When he was checking to make sure the motor spun over it stopped and wouldn’t move. I was already cursing up a storm at this point. The motor was fresh and I couldn’t understand why it wasn’t turning over. So we had to pull the whole motor out.

Brian and Ray have no clue what’s in store for them at this point. Haha.

We pull the head off the motor and one of the pistons looks a little weird. It’s soaked in water that has been sitting their for about 6 months. This is the kind of crap that happens when you neglect a project that isn’t safely stored in a garage. The piston wouldn’t move past a certain point in the cylinder because their was so much rust built up on the cylinder wall that the rings couldnt move past it. Atleast I know the rings were sealing properly.

It only got worse and worse. Here is what the bottom end looked like from all the condensation. Gross! Now the whole motor had to be disassembled and brought to the machine shop so that everything can be cleaned.

Luckily the machine shop owed Brian and Ray a couple favors and got cranking on it right away. We had the motor back all cleaned up later that night.

This is a pic of the #6 piston (the one with the water in it) they had to hone the cylinder again, so to fill the piston wall clearance, they knurled the piston skirt. Never seen anything like this but looks pretty cool.

Ray started to get the engine harness wiring together. Ray is no joke at wiring. He has some serious skills. I was getting bored so I started wandering around the shop a little bit.

MA has some really cool projects in their shop. My favorite was this BMW 2002 Wide bodied and SR’d with a ton of other custom fab work done to the suspension and rear subframe.

The wall of Zombie aero

Brian’s  Dads’  Porsche 87 M491 straight pipe exhaust! This thing sounds sooooooo good. My dream car.

Back to the 240. After a couple of days things were really starting to come along. Ray was almost done with the wiring. Brian finished fabbing the IC piping and mounting the coils on the fire wall. She is almost ready for startup and Dyno time.

Brian made this sweet Plate to mount all the ECU relays and ECU. Looking all professional.

Here’s Jimmy Mullet lending a hand on my car. This dude has some serious VW knowledge. He’s been building cars longer than I’ve been alive.

After a ton of other problems that I really don’t feel like getting into she is done and ready for the Dyno. THANK GOD!!!!!!

Ray is a jack of all trades and masters most or all of them. He knows how to make power. She ended up making 370WHP and 350Torque on the Dyno Dynamics (Heart Breaker) Dyno at 19PSI. If your car is making high 3’s on this dyno it is seriously fast. I really needed some cams to break into the 400+ range but this thing is plenty fast and will keep me in enough trouble as it is.

So what do you do after you take the car off the dyno????

Burnouts in the shop!!!!!!


This was my winter project that I ended up finishing in about 7, 12hour days. Glad it’s finally done. Now It’s time to get this thing registered and inspected. Big thanks to Ray and Brian for putting all their shop work aside and jamming on this thing non stop for me. My apologies for some of the pics coming out like crap. I’m picking up a better Point n Shoot asap. Any suggestions???

Lately I’ve been jamming the Beach fossil’s. Some mellow surf rock. Check them out.

Follow me on Twitter