“Everyone has a story to tell..” One of our main goals here on the Fatlace blog is to motivate our readers in their day-to-day mindset. We hope that our new series “Conversations With“, will be a resounding program for regular site visitors who continue to strive for excellence. Storytellers, game-changers and creators, this is your platform Fatlace.com platform. First off, we share the story of world-renowned illustrator and automotive designer, Jon Sibal.
1. Tell us something about yourself: I’m Jon Sibal, an Automotive Artist and a Comic Book Artist based in So. California.
2. Tell us more about your vision for your brand/yourself. The vision for my brand is to fuel creativity and stir up imagination on what is possible.
3. Where do you find inspiration in your craft? Inspiration typically comes from within the automotive scene- mostly in motorsport. But I often look outside of the usual and peek into the fashion industry, anime, architecture etc. for fresh ideas.
4. What are your daily essentials? A solid workstation with a dependable machine, good internet connection and a comfortable chair is sufficient.
5. Describe your daily life routine. Everyday changes but the only routine is making sure I eat a good meal, do my daily stretches and breathing exercises to help clear the mind and calm the nerves.
6. How do you define work/life balance? A balance work/life is illusive for me, especially when there are overlapping deadlines. But I imagined working hard and taking time off even if it’s just hours in between projects.
7. Describe your passion for art and design. Great design and creativity fascinates me to no end. Looking at things from a whole different perspective, understanding what makes a piece look great, breaking down elements that are are effective etc. are just a few things my mind goes through as I try to observe and improve my skills. A good design can awaken a stale mind and trigger the inner artist in everyone. We have such amazing tools these days to express our craft and I’m forever a student.
8. What has been your most treasured accomplishment? It’s nothing specific but I take pleasure when I see a concepts becomes a reality, or if a book we’ve been working on finally gets published.
9. Any tips for aspiring artists? Draw, design and create everyday. Don’t worry if you don’t have the right tools or training, do the best work with what you have. This attitude can force unexpected creativity.
10. What do you collect? Why did you start collecting these? I used to collect a bunch of random stuff but these days, I’m only collecting things that are useful to my work.
An industry icon, Jon has brought joy to builders across the globe by imagining thru CGI before the actual project. Thank you Jon for your creations in the automotive scene. We can’t wait to see more renderings and actual projects from you!
Fatlace | Stance Pilipinas / Manila Fitted | Car Porn Racing Manila
Filipino Pride All Day, Everyday